Throughout the past two-and-a-half years, the approach to innovation has evolved. While common themes have emerged, different organizations have chosen distinct paths. In this session FEI Advisory Board Member Navin Kunde sharing a number of thoughts, including, “Innovation success is balancing short and long-term mindsets.” Igniting innovation talent is fraught with danger as- if you’re not careful, it can lead to burnout. Finding innovation talent that fits within a given organization is- to put it simply- difficult. Good innovation talent itself is elusive. Add to the equation that a given person not only needs to have the particular skill set being sought, but that same person must fit with corporate and innovation culture already established and the search is tantamount to finding a needle in the Grand Canyon. Once that talent is identified and makes it through the gauntlet of sourcing and onboarding, nurturing must occur. That nurture program must be customized and personalized to the talent and consider from where the talent arrived- either internally or externally. And once the team has accepted that new talent, management must provide a perfect balance so as not to achieve either end of the innovation talent spectrum- burnout or boredom.
Innovation Talent: From Boredom Or Burnout To Breakthrough
Navin Kunde, Head of Open Innovation- The Experience Collaborative, The Clorox Co.Pete Dulcamara, Chief Scientist & Technical Vice President, Kimberly-ClarkMichele Sandoval, Director of Innovation, E&J Gallo Winery Mike Hatrick, Group Director IP Strategy & Portfolio, Volvo Group Trucks Technology, Volvo
- Recognizing innovation talent internally throughout the organization and bringing them in to the innovation function
- Mining for innovation talent externally in new and different places
- Discovering how to nurture innovation talent holistically
- Listening to talent to minimize boredom and burnout while enabling breakthroughs
- Creating systems/process for innovation management resilience
- Discovering key innovation behaviors and the difference between Nature vs. Nurture
- Understanding what leads to innovator burnout, recognizing and mitigating those factors
- Discussing keys for success in driving an innovation culture forward
Watch the video on demand.